3 medium apples (i chose granny smith)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 c quick oats
1/2 c all purpose flour, 1Tbl flour
3/4 c light brown sugar packed
1/2 stick butter, unsalted
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Rinse and cut apples in half, core and remove the stem. Slice the apples in 1/8 inch pieces.
3. Combine sliced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1 Tbl flour into a large mixing bowl.
4. Spray the baking dish with cooking spray.
5. Pour apple mixture into the cooking dish and spread evenly.
6. Put the remaining ingredients into a bowl and dice the butter into the mixture until crumbly but stop before it masses together.
7. Spread the oat and flour mixture over apple mixture and bake uncovered on the middle rack for 30-40 minutes
8. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Use whole wheat flour instead of all purpose.
Adding honey into the apple mixture is optional, but not needed when apples are in season are they are already sweet enough.
Add other fruits when it is in season like pears, peaches, berries.
*NOTE: I don’t think the picture does apple crisp justice. I forgot to take a picture before i served it and so this is what happens as a result. It tastes amazing and is so warm and filling. Way better than ice cream ;)